Thursday, February 17, 2011

Rafting

A colleague at work asked to join a day trip to Sukabumi to go rafting with some of her friends during the Islamic Holiday. It was AWESOME! Almost didn't make it due to the heavy rain we have been experiencing these weeks. Surprisingly the bunch that traveled with us have never met most of the other, didn't even know whose car or who the driver was and thus completely random for me, haha.. But it turns out everyone was almost connected with each other. My friend and I were seperated on two boats. This was a second time rafting for me, but this time slightly more extreme as the sport took a good 2 and a half hours! Of course we didn't row the entire way, and there were many times of waiting and a short break. Which I didn't always like, because it ruins the mood after you dive over a wave. There were plenty moments of 'stillness' that required nothing but to admire the scenery. At one point when the guy told us we could get into the water to test the lifevest, I was pushed into the river! During the end, my friends boat even deliberately got their boat flipped the other way around XD

























No comments: